Awkward Positions Lead To Unsafe Conditions - Safety Poster
- Size: 17x22
Workplace Strain Equals Pain
Cumulative Trauma Disorders are injuries affecting the muscles, tendons and nerves around the joints of the body. They can be caused by the strain of doing the same task repeatedly. Also known as CTDs or repetitive motion injury, these injuries often occur in the neck, shoulders, back, elbows, wrists, hands and knees.
Some of the occupations affected are painters, cashiers, keypunch operators, assembly workers, welders, garment makers, hairdressers, mechanics and telephone operators, but there are countless others.
These are some of the risk factors for developing a CTD:
- CTDs are more likely to occur if your work requires you to do the same movement over and over. This is an injury to muscles, tendons or nerves that occurs over time because of overuse.
- Another risk factor is using excessive force. When you have to use extra force or pressure to perform the work, strain and stress results on a specific part of the body.
- Working in an awkward, unnatural position also can lead to a CTD. Prolonged overhead work is a common example.
- Working with vibrating tools or equipment is another risk factor for a CTD.
- Working in a cold environment slows circulation and decreases flexibility which can contribute to a CTD.‚
Workplace Safety Posters:
This top quality workplace safety poster features professional design and layout, is printed on a high quality photo paper and is proven to be very effective for delivering safety messages in various workplace environments and locations.‚ Posters like this one play an integral part in creating a safe workplace environment through delivery of "inescapable" messaging.
This workplace safety poster has been developed to communicate safe work habits and features:
- Professional design and editing
- High-quality printing and finishing options
- Large, full color format
- Fast, convenient shipping from our North American distribution centers
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back